Since March, HESED has been implementing the project: “Enhancing capacity and sustainability of HESED trough introducing an e-system for collecting and preserving personal data – firstname.lastname@example.org”.
The project offers solution for two main problems: (1) The introduction of GDPR posed many challenges to HESED as a personal data operator that works annually with over 900 customers – children and families from 3 big Roma communities in Sofia and Kyustendil and must secure their personal data. (2) A large part of the capacity of the organization is engaged in manual processing of the documents and reporting of the various activities, which are financed from different sources.
The implementation of the project will contribute to:
- Synchronization of internal procedures in connection with the new electronic regime of personal data collection and storage inline GDPR
- Optimizing the management and achieving greater transparency in the implementation of our activities
- Optimization of the process of data collection for clients, centralization of the process of reporting to the general public, donor organizations, controlling bodies and institutions by replacing the process of manual reporting with electronic
- Releasing time resources of the expert team and achieving maximum operational and cost efficiency
- Improving the capacity of the team for to work with e-system and GDPR implementation training.
email@example.com beneficiaries are HESED`s team and all our clients – past, present and potential.
The project is funded by Active Citizens Fund Bulgaria under the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area (EEA) 2014 – 2021. The general objectives of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014 – 2021 are to contribute to the reduction of economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area and strengthening of bilateral relations between the donor countries – Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and the beneficiary countries, one of which is Bulgaria. The Active Citizens Fund of Bulgaria has a total value of EUR 15,500,000, provided by the donor countries, by virtue of a signed Memorandum of Understanding with Republic of Bulgaria.
The Active Citizens Fund is part of the Civil Society program area, which aims to “strengthen civil society, active citizens and empowered vulnerable groups”.
The operator of the Active Citizens Fund Bulgaria (the Fund) is the Open Society Institute – Sofia Foundation (OSI-Sofia) in partnership with the Civic Initiatives Workshop Foundation (WCIF) and the Trust for Social Alternative Foundation (TSA).
This publication was created with the financial support of the Active Citizens Fund in Bulgaria under the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area. The sole responsibility for the content of publication lies with Health and Social Development Foundation and under no circumstances can it be assumed that this document reflects the official opinion of the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area and the Operator of the Active Citizens Fund in Bulgaria.